Golf’s second major tournament of the season is here – and if it’s even halfway as extraordinary as the Masters was, we’re in for a treat. The PGA Championship has been brought forward to a pre-Memorial Day weekend slot, excitement is at fever pitch, and you can get a 2019 PGA Championship live stream no matter where you are.
It’s rare to enter a golf tournament with so many narratives intertwining. Tiger Woods remains the name on everybody’s lips at this year’s PGA Championship after last month’s astonishing Masters victory. Can he continue his remarkable resurgence with a win at the Bethpage Black Course in New York? He won the US Open at this very venue back in 2002, so the omens are good for TIger.
Brooks Koepka capped an amazing 2018 with a PGA Championship win last year, while world number 1 Dustin Johnson is well overdue a major win with still only one to his name. But then the PGA Championship has been the tournament where some of recent history’s most promising golfers have finally broken their major duck – with Justin Thomas, Jimmy Walker and Jason Day making up three of the last four victors. Could somebody like Rickie Fowler or Jon Rahm repeat history?
Bethpage is looking like a handsome home for the 101st PGA Championship and there are plenty of places you can watch all the action, with some very easy-to-access FREE online options in there, too. Keep reading to see how to get a PGA Championship live stream from any corner of the Earth.
- Basketball fan? Don’t miss a 2019 NBA Playoffs live stream either
Live stream golf for free at PGA.com
Well here’s a stroke of good news (pun very much intended) – the official tournament website, PGA.com, is live streaming some of the best action.
But, it’s by no means comprehensive. The schedule currently says that it will be showing a live stream of featured groups only, as well as holes 16 through 18. Nice if you’re only interested in following the likes of Tiger Woods, Rickie Fowler and Justin Rose, but not so good if you want full and proper coverage.
You just need to pop in an email address and US zipcode to log in and start watching.
Aside from the US PGA live stream, we have more US watching options below.
How to get a PGA Championship live stream from outside your country
Assuming you want better golf coverage than the limited US PGA live stream as described above, you can scroll down to discover how to watch from the UK, US, Canada and Australia.
But if you’re on your holiday or abroad with work, then things become a little trickier to watch. That’s because host broadcasters apply geo-blocks on their coverage. You need to find a way to bypass these blocks and watch as if you were sat back in your home country.
How to watch the US PGA golf in the US
There are number of options you can watch the US PGA golf if you’re stateside:
– The live stream from PGA.com as mentioned above. Although you’ll be limited to what the website wants to show you. That’s looking very limited, unfortunately.
– TNT and CBS have grabbed the rights in the US this year. Cable-based TNT has all four rounds, but only the early action of the crucial third and fourth rounds. CBS will provide coverage on its website of the third and fourth round – including the concluding action – which you can also watch if you sign up to a trial of its All Access service. Great news for golf fans who don’t want to shell out for a subscription.
– If you’re outside the US this weekend but want to access one of the above options, then you can use a VPN service to effectively transport your computer, phone or tablet’s IP back to a US location.
And they aren’t you’re only options either, with all of the top US-based TV streaming services all providing an alternative. Each one offers a free trial to get you started and has masses of other content and channels for you to enjoy if you subscribe:
- Hulu with Live TV $40 per month – Hulu with Live TV includes CBS, Fox, NBC and ESPN.
- PlayStation Vue From $45 per month and the ideal choice for PS4 owners thanks to its access to the likes of ESPN, NBC, Fox, Disney and other essential networks. Crank up the price and you can add the likes of Showtime and HBO, too.
- DirecTV Now $50 per month – DirecTV Now includes CBS, Fox, NBC, ESPN and for $5 extra you can add the NFL Network.
- FuboTV $35 for the first month – FuboTV gives you the first month at a discounted rate but after that the price increases to $45 a month. The service includes CBS, Fox, NBC and the NFL Network but does not come with ESPN.
- YouTubeTV $40 per month – YouTubeTV gives you access to CBS, Fox, NBC and ESPN.
How to watch the US PGA Championship live: UK stream
Live stream the 2019 PGA Championship action in Canada
How to get a US PGA Championship live stream in Australia